Standard of Excellence Award
Established in 1998, the AGC Houston Standard of Excellence Award is presented annually and gives special recognition to a construction industry employee who most exemplifies the highest standards of excellence: teamwork and professionalism, creativity and innovation, commitment and cooperation, customer service and quality and community service.
Who Can Be Nominated
All construction industry employees are eligible - employees of general contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, service companies, architects and engineers.
The individual must consistently set the standard of excellence in regard to commitment to quality, customer service, cooperation, teamwork and professionalism. Nominations can be based on either a daily commitment to excellence or outstanding personal effort on a special project or event in the workplace.
To nominate someone, you believe exemplifies the standard of excellence in the construction industry, simply submit a nomination form. Deadline is December 31, 2023.
Need more information? Contact Charlene Anthony.
Standard of Excellence Award Recipients
- 2022 John Morvant, Tellepsen
- 2021 Zeke Smith, Satterfield & Pontikes Construction, Inc.
- 2020 Michael Dovalina, Arch-Con Corporation
- 2019 Jaime Ramos, Marek Brothers Systems, Inc.
- 2018 Maria Paz, Linbeck Group, LLC.
- 2017 Carlos Echeverria, Anslow Bryant Construction, Ltd.
- 2016 Kendall Pouland, Tellepsen
- 2015 Ron Cimino, Humphries Construction Corp.
- 2014 Edwin Villarreal, TAS Commercial Concrete Construction, LLC.
- 2013 James V. “Stoney” Smith, Kauffman Company
- 2012 Arthur Ehmling, Marek Brothers Systems, Inc.
- 2011 Charlene Anthony, AGC Houston
- 2010 Roberto Benitez, Oxford Builders, Inc.
- 2009 Chuck Lewandowski, Sr., Miner-Dederick Construction, LLP; Cindy Lucas Rhodes, Sterling Structures, Inc.
- 2008 Mark Gore, Linbeck Group, LLC; Joe Lopez Slack & Company Contracting, Inc.
- 2007 Oscar Lawson, American Marble Mosaic; Elizabeth Lee, The Mathis Group
- 2006 Samantha Hutchison, Brookstone, LP
- 2005 Sandy Fields, Cadence McShane Corporation
- 2004 Grace Fox, TAS Commercial Concrete Construction
- 2003 Ann Shepherd, LInbeck Group, LLC; Felipe Devora, Fretz Construction Co.
- 2002 Scott Hicks, TDIndustries, Ltd.; John Barnes, Linbeck Group, LLC
- 2001 Tommy Warren, Pepper-Lawson Construction, LP; Al Mikolas, Baker Concrete Construction
- 2000 Bill Fotta, Marek Brothers Systems, Inc.
- 1999 Mike Hansen, TAS Commercial Concrete Construction
- 1998 Morales Family