Master Builder Award
The AGC Houston "Master Builder" award is presented biennially at the APEX gala. The honor recognizes an individual or organization for their contributions and commitment to advance the commercial built environment in the greater Houston area.
The term "Master Builder" comes from early construction history. It was a title of the highest respect, reserved for individuals involved int he design and construction of structures that enhance the community.
The AGC Houston Board of Directors receive nominations and select the recipient.
Master Builder Award Recipients
- 2022 - Steve Dishman, Brookstone Construction
- 2020 - John Kirksey, FAIA, Kirksey Architects
- 2018 - Peter Dawson, Texas Children's Hospital
- 2016 - Paul G. Bell, P.G. Bell Company
- 2014 - Leo Linbeck, Jr., Linbeck Group, LLC
- 2012 - William A. Daigneau, The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
- 2008 - Ed Wulfe, Wulfe & Co., Inc.
- 2006 - Archbishop Emeritus Joseph A. Fiorenza, Houston-Galveston Diocese
- 2004 - Patrick J. Kiley, AGC Houston
- 2002 - Dr. Richard E. Wainerdi, Texas Medical Center
- 2000 - Harris County Sports Authority
- 1998 - Robert C. Lanier, Houston Mayor 1992-98
- 1996 - Walter P. Moore, Jr. Ph.D., Walter P Moore
- 1994 - S.I. Morris, FAIA, Morris Architects