Master Builder Award
The AGC Houston "Master Builder" award is presented biennially at the APEX gala. The honor recognizes an individual or organization for their contributions and commitment to advance the commercial built environment in the greater Houston area.
The term "Master Builder" comes from early construction history. It was a title of the highest respect, reserved for individuals involved int he design and construction of structures that enhance the community.
The AGC Houston Board of Directors receive nominations and select the recipient.
Master Builder Award Recipients
- 1994 - S.I. Morris, FAIA, Morris Architects
- 1996 - Walter P. Moore, Jr. Ph.D., Walter P Moore
- 1998 - Robert C. Lanier, Houston Mayor 1992-98
- 2000 - Harris County Sports Authority
- 2002 - Dr. Richard E. Wainerdi, Texas Medical Center
- 2004 - Patrick J. Kiley, AGC Houston
- 2006 - Archbishop Emeritus Joseph A. Fiorenza, Houston-Galveston Diocese
- 2008 - Ed Wulfe, Wulfe & Co., Inc.
- 2012 - William A. Daigneau, The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
- 2014 - Leo Linbeck, Jr., Linbeck Group, LLC
- 2016 - Paul G. Bell, P.G. Bell Company
- 2018 - Peter Dawson, Texas Children's Hospital
- 2020 - John Kirksey, FAIA, Kirksey Architects