Date: Wednesday, September 18, 2019
Time: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Location: Fabrication Center Shop Assembly Hall (click here for map
The Construction Science Department at Prairie View A&M University is holding its’ first career fair on Wednesday, September 18, 2019 in the recently opened Fabrication Center, located southeast of the Nathelyne Archie-Kennedy Building. The event will be open to all students majoring in Construction Science plus those Architecture and Engineering students who are double majors in this field of study.
The schedule includes a general session from 9:00 am - 12:00 pm that allows our students to obtain information about the construction firms in attendance and present their qualifications for internships and/or full-time employment. A luncheon session for your company representatives will occur from 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm. The event will conclude with individual interview sessions of students selected by your firm from 1:30 pm - 4:00 pm. The objective of the career fair is to prepare our students for the real world giving them opportunity to obtain interviews, internships, and potential full time employment.
You are encouraged to join the PVAMU Construction Science Department and experience this opportunity to connect with potential employees. By accepting our invitation, participating firms will receive:
- a guided tour of the Fabrication Center (dedicated February 19, 2019 at a cost of $17.5M)
- invitation to the Construction Science Hospitality event the evening of September 17th (5:00 - 7:00 pm)
- complimentary parking and food (breakfast and lunch, plus refreshments) on the day of the fair
- support/assistance from a student majoring in Construction Science
RSVP REQUIRED (by August 18th)
Registration form required. Click here to download
For more information, contact Construction Science Director, Dr. Bruce Bockhorn, AIA at firstname.lastname@example.org
For assistance with registration and accommodations, contact Career Fair Student Coordinator, Maribel Villarreal at email@example.com
About PVAMU School of Architecture
- Diverse students and faculty
- Outstanding facilities, including a new Fabrication Center ($17.5M)
- Innovative technology
- Over 45% of Architecture students are completing a 2nd degree in Construction Science
- Architecture program accredited by NAAB for 8 years (2018-2024)
- Prestigious AIA COTE Top 10 Students Design Awards
For more information, visit https://www.pvamu.edu/soa/